Friday, February 17, 2012

Grown-Up Coco Pebbles

 If there was one food that my house always had enough of growing up it was cereal. Raised in a household where cereal was not only a breakfast food but also an excellent option for dinner or late night snack, cereal has a special place in my heart -- and stomach. Almost every night this week I've had a bowl of cereal before going to bed, leading me to realize I'm slowly becoming more and more like my mom. Last time I was home I counted: 23 boxes of cereal. Yup. As I've gotten older, the cereal shelf has become a comforting indicator that I'm home. While I was always more of a Reese's Puffs, Cookie Crisp, and Rice Krispie Treat Cereal (man how I wish they still made that!) fan, I was never a big Coco Pebbles fan. BUT I am a huge groupie for my grown-up version of the sugary classic.

What You Need:
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 cup water
1/2 banana
1/4 packet of Carnation Instant Breakfast (any of the chocolate kinds)
Cinnamon 

What to Do:
Bring water to a boil then stir in oats
While oats are cooking, slice banana and place slices at the bottom of your breakfast bowl
Once oats reach desired consistancy, stir in cinnamon then pour over banana slices
Mix in Instant Breakfast powder

Happy Long Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment